setting up question

Chad Conrady

Sep 23, 2020, 5:17:38 PM9/23/20
to EaaSI Tech Talk

I am in the process of creating a localhost instance of EaaSI, but when I was starting to deploy the program, I received this message in the terminal: See attachement

 Is there something that I missed? What do I need to complete to resolve this issue?

thanks for your help in advance!

Chad

Screenshot from 2020-09-23 13-56-28.png

Klaus Rechert

Sep 24, 2020, 3:28:32 AM9/24/20
to Chad Conrady, EaaSI Tech Talk
Hi Chad,

The last released EaaSI installer requires a passwordless sudo user. You do the following:

Best
Klaus

<Screenshot from 2020-09-23 13-56-28.png>

Chad Conrady

Sep 24, 2020, 10:42:47 AM9/24/20
to EaaSI Tech Talk
Follow up, question.  I've tried importing sheepshaver using the container registry on GitLab, but nothing happens.  When I checked the server logs I see this response:

  "id": 180,
  "level": "error",
  "source": "ResourceController",
  "message": "FetchError: request to http://localhost:80/emil/EmilEnvironmentData/getEnvironmentTemplates failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED computer_IP_address\n    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/node-fetch/lib/index.js:1455:11)\n    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:198:13)\n    at Socket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:392:9)\n    at Socket.emit (events.js:198:13)\n    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:91:8)\n    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:59:3)\n    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)",
  "createdAt": "2020-09-24T14:16:55.580Z",
  "updatedAt": "2020-09-24T14:16:55.580Z"

Why would the connection be refused? I setup a ssh key in for my gitlab account.

Ethan Gates

Sep 24, 2020, 11:52:08 AM9/24/20
to EaaSI Tech Talk
Hi Chad,

Thanks for reporting this - I am not sure if that error message you are seeing in the logs is related to your not getting a working version of SheepShaver. You definitely should not need ssh keys set up in GitLab in order to fetch the containers.

When importing an emulator container, there may not be an immediate confirmation from the UI if/when the import is successful. The import may keep running for some time in the background. Is there any sign of the sheepshaver import in the "Running Tasks" section of the Manage Node menu? And when you say nothing happens, do you mean there is no sign of sheepshaver in the list of available emulators (e.g. "Number of images" = 0), or that you have no Mac/Sheepshaver templates available in the Emulation Project and Import Environment menus?

Best,
- Ethan