Local SMTP Server on EaaSI Node

Eric Kaltman

Oct 21, 2020, 7:53:36 PM10/21/20
to eaasi-t...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I’m going to set up our node later this week, and the 2020.3 installation notes that access to an smtp server is required. The target machine does have an postfix smtp service running locally that forwards to smtp.csuci.edu. However, I’m checking with the this list to see if we need a separate account on our university smtp server instead. Something like ea...@csuci.edu. Since the eaasi-installer puts everything in containers on the target server, I’m not sure what mechanism you are using for the email generation.

Best,

Eric Kaltman

Andrii Kost

Oct 22, 2020, 10:57:05 AM10/22/20
to EaaSI Tech Talk
Hi Eric,

It might be a good idea to create a separate account for the application use, as such an email will be used as a sender.
You might have to use the SMTP server directly without local proxy, as localhost proxy to SMTP probably won't work in a docker container where the mailer is (`eaasi-web-api`).

We generate emails with template like following:

from: `EaaSi <YOUR_PROVIDED_EMAIL_SENDER>`
to: <RECEIVER_EMAIL>
subject
text

Subject and text differ on the cause of an email.

Andrii Kost

Eric Kaltman

Oct 22, 2020, 12:45:51 PM10/22/20
to Andrii Kost, EaaSI Tech Talk

Okay, thanks! I’ll get a separate email address organized in that case.