Problems with SRBox Generating Response

Julia Dipassio

Mar 12, 2024, 4:38:21 PMMar 12
to E-Prime
Hi everyone,
I'm running into a problem with the SRBox 200A. It's connected via Serial port and is ready to go, however when I run my experiment it's not receiving feedback. The goal is to have participants rate their preferences for images on a scale of 1-5.
I've been reading about task events and watching some videos (ie, how it operates as a "cause and effect" essentially), however I've had problems with details regarding the parameters for serial ports.

Some troubleshooting I've tried:

- made sure it appears in the experiment object properties (collection is presses only)
- for the slide properties, the allowable response options are {ANY} (the responses are 1 through 5, however I've read that's already configured within the device).
- Time limit is set as "until feedback"
- Task events are slide.onset time and Slide.SRBOX(1).Press.
- For  Slide.SRBOX(1).Press.--> Task Name: Serial --> Action: WriteByte. The parameters are Custom, data type Integer.
- For SlideOnsetTime, its the same parameters as above (serial as task).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

McFarlane, David

Mar 12, 2024, 4:45:05 PMMar 12
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Did you start by running the demo program that comes with the SRBox and make sure that that works? I would always start by doing some sort of simple "Hello world" type demo before trying to incorporate something new into a larger program. "Better to start from success than from failure."

-- David McFarlane

Julia Dipassio

Mar 14, 2024, 3:29:37 PMMar 14
to E-Prime
Hi David,
As it turns out, the problem actually resided within the Port settings - in the experiment object properties, I had to change the properties of device  "Serial" so that it was connected to COM Port 1, and SR BOX to be connected to Port 2. I appreciate your help, thanks so much!