URGENT HELP NEEDED! E-Prime and Netstation Unable to connect socket

Hakim Hamdan

Feb 13, 2024, 9:56:32 AMFeb 13
to E-Prime
c00475d6-2788-408d-9cba-a8100b8c2d71.jfif

Hello everyone. Today I conducted EEG experiments on 3 participants. The first two participants everything was going smoothly. I can run E-Prime smoothly while Netstation records the brain data. However, for the third participant, when I switched to another EEG net (because the participant have different head size than the previous 2 participants) and try to run E-prime with the Netstation, it says 'Unable to connect socket: 0x00002751'.

Previously, I noticed that this error appears when I run the E-Prime WITHOUT the EEG net hooked to the amp and if the Netstation is NOT opened, and so connecting the net to the amp and turning on the Netstation solves the problem. However, in today's case, I have already done both, and yet the error message still appears.

I really need urgent help for this problem because tomorrow I have another 3 participants coming in.

McFarlane, David

Feb 13, 2024, 1:03:58 PMFeb 13
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I have no experience with Net Station (not to be confused with NetStation) so cannot give specific help there. But generically speaking ... If I were troubleshooting this, I would first try reverting to the EEG net that worked before. If the trouble happens with only one EEG net and not with the others then I would suspect a problem with that net. Did you do that already?

-- David McFarlane

Hakim Hamdan

Feb 13, 2024, 6:02:03 PMFeb 13
to E-Prime
Hi, thank you for your response. Pardon me, the software that I am using is actually Net Station, and not Netstation. Yes, I have tried switching back to the first net, but the error message still appears. Also, in between the second and the third participant, I shut down both the computer with E-prime and the Net Station's Mac computer because I needed to go for lunch break. When I came back from lunch, turn on the computers, put on a new net on the third participant, the error occurred.

Thank you for your advice!