How to add timetracking attribute to my experiment

Kimi Sarna

Jun 27, 2022, 10:05:27 AM6/27/22
to E-Prime
Greeting,

I was wondering if I could look at the timekeeping ability while performing an ongoing task. This timekeeping would be just like a secondary task, wherein a participant while undergoing an active primary task, for eg picture response task had to press a key X at every 2 minutes passing.
Although a clock will be given to keep the track of time. Can anyone tell me how I could incorporate these elements into my experiment?

Regards,
Karamjeet kaur

David McFarlane

Jul 28, 2022, 4:00:43 PM7/28/22
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
[Addressing some old posts here, probably too late to do any good ...]

Would the subject be interrupted or prompted every 2 minutes to enter a
key press, or would they simply have to remember to enter a key press
every 2 minutes? Would they have a clock on the screen to help them
keep time? Do the key presses for the secondary task differ from key
presses used in the primary task?

If you simply want to collect arbitrary key presses throughout the
session without any interruption or prompting then you could add a Wait
object at the start of the SessionProc with a Duration of 0, and give it
a keyboard Input Mask with a Time Limit of "(infinite)" and a suitably
high Max Count (under the Advanced options). You would then have to use
some InLine code to log all the responses at the end of the session --
the "Multiple Response Collection" example at the PST website would give
you some idea of how to do that.

-- David McFarlane