Beginner E-Prime Question

Joana Chen

Jul 22, 2024, 5:05:00 AM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to E-Prime
Hello, I am new to E-Prime , trying to design an expeiment
and currently encounter a problem......

Could you please advise on how to resolve error 11067 "file not found"?

I have already placed the stimulus audio files and the program in the same folder.

The filenames have been checked, and there are no capitalization or spelling errors. Moreover, in Experiment 1, under the [Practice Questions] section, all files can be read successfully. I'm unsure why the files cannot be read in both the [Experiment 1 Formal Questions] and [Experiment 2] sections.

Thank you for your assistance.

螢幕擷取畫面 2024-07-15 120831_0.png
螢幕擷取畫面 2024-07-15 120803_0.png
exp2 list1-1.png
exp2 list1-2.png
exp list1-1.png
exp2 list1-6.png
exp2 list1-5.png
exp list1-2.png
exp2 list1-3.png
exp2 list1-4.png
exp list1-5.png
exp list1-3.png
exp list1-4.png
exp2 list1-7.png

Michiel Spape

Jul 22, 2024, 6:30:37 AM (5 days ago) Jul 22
to e-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joana,

We’re not PST here, so I don’t know how many people will take the time to sort through you pictures :) I don’t have it, anyway, but my two cents: Almost always it is a spelling error, even if you don’t think so. Check the debug screen carefully (where it gives the error). If the file being loaded is in an attribute somewhere (let’s say FileToLoad), then put an inline in the same procedure:

Debug.Print “Will load this file now:” & c.GetAttrib(“FileToLoad”) & “.”

Just copy-paste it. The : and . are essential here, because you’ll want to see if the file to load is

Will load this file now:myfile.jpg.

Or:

Will load this file now: myflie.

Notice there are three differences:

  1. myflie isn’t myfile – but you noticed that.
  2. The second misses the extension: jpg
  3. The second has a leading spacebar: “ myfile”, “myfile”, and “myfile “ are, according to the operating system (most of them) three completely separate files, so if tries to load one, but only the other is present, it won’t find it. The problem is that we, as humans, tend to not notice these things, so sometimes you have to make it easier for yourself, for example with the debug.print, which concludes with a period to indicate what the end of the filename is – even if there’s an additional space.

Hope that helps!

Michiel

McFarlane, David

Jul 23, 2024, 12:18:36 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Another thought: Start from something that is guaranteed to work, i.e., the MovieRT example that comes with E-Prime. Then substitute your movie files to make sure that they work there. Then keep editing the experiment bit by bit toward your own experiment design, testing it along the way until you find the point where it breaks. Then you will know what makes your program break, and can figure out how to make it not break (as I say, "Better to start from success than from failure").

-- David McFarlane

[...]

Message has been deleted

Joana Chen

7:11 AM (9 hours ago) 7:11 AM
to E-Prime
Hi  David,

Thank you for the response, and sorry for the late reply.
A typhoon just hit my country, and i have been cleaning the house these day due to the flood.

love your word  "Better to start from success than from failure"
thanks for the advice, i will definitly try it, step by step to find out the problem.😊

 Additionally, I have a question I'd like to ask ~
i just opened the Eprime3.0, and i found out that the workspace cannot display.
i googled and updated the software, but still coulden't fix it.
Do you know how to fix it?

best wishes~

Joanna