E-Prime Video Error

nro...@ualberta.ca

Jul 8, 2013, 1:08:14 PM7/8/13
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
We are struggling to run video files (avi and mpeg) in E-Prime. The video appears on the screen but does not move when the experiment is run. We have received errors about "no video memory", "unable to create surface display" and a message about buffering problem. We have already updated our version of eprime, run codec config, downloaded DIVX update, put in a PreRelease command and tried different computers. Nothing seems to be able to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

-Nicole

flavia cardini

Jul 15, 2013, 5:00:10 PM7/15/13
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
 try to save the video in .wav. I always get problems with avi files! wav should not give you error.

2013/7/8 <nro...@ualberta.ca>
We are struggling to run video files (avi and mpeg) in E-Prime. The video appears on the screen but does not move when the experiment is run. We have received errors about "no video memory", "unable to create surface display" and a message about buffering problem. We have already updated our version of eprime, run codec config, downloaded DIVX update, put in a PreRelease command and tried different computers. Nothing seems to be able to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

-Nicole

Hayat Wahed

Apr 19, 2022, 12:46:15 PM4/19/22
to E-Prime
Were you able to resolve this? I am having the same issue. I received the message ' No video memory available to create video buffer.' My files are WMV and mp4, both should be compatible with E-prime.

David McFarlane

Apr 19, 2022, 1:11:23 PM4/19/22
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
PMJI ... On some occasions we have fixed video codec problems by using
ffmpeg to transcode the video files from their existing codec & format
right back to their existing codec & format (I call this a "null
transcode"). FFmpeg seemed to do something in the process to fix
something the files.

-- David McFarlane