Count Correct Responses in Slide Choice

Øystein

Jul 13, 2021, 9:19:45 AM7/13/21
to E-Prime

Hi!

I am making a word recognition test, where the participant is shown 10 words. On the next slide,  the participant is then shown a list (Slider Choice) where the participant is to select which of the words that were present, among other distractors that appears on this slide.

This works great, visually. However, I am interested in how many of the words the participant is able to correctly recall, among the distractors and give a score of  "1" for each correctly recalled word from the list.

Do anyone have any suggestions on how this can be done?

Øystein

Jul 13, 2021, 9:43:46 AM7/13/21
to E-Prime
Hi again,

So, I made Eprime give "1" for each word that was correctly recalled and "0" if it is a distractor.
To do this, I made an attribute, where the value changes for the columns with correct words (1). I did this manually for each trial.

In the dataset, this looks like  for instance: "1|1|1|0|0|1|0|0|0|0" (total of 4 out of 10 correct) under the column "ResponseSlide.WordAnswer.Value".

ResponseSlide=Name of slide where participant selects answers
WordAnswer=Slide choice name.

So, I am now wondering. How can I make a column that sums of these data together? In the example over, this would be a value of "4".

Thanks!