Sending triggers from e-prime 3 to BrainVision with TriggerBox

Maria Eugenia De Lahoz Naveiro

Jul 9, 2024, 10:18:59 AMJul 9
to E-Prime
Hello!

I am currently programming an N-back task in E-Prime 3 and need to connect it to an EEG system using a TriggerBox via the serial port. I have a specific query regarding event coding in E-Prime 3:

Is it possible to send different markers with different codes using Task Events for the same object in my procedure? This object has different conditions or types of stimuli, all coded in the attributes or a list of stimuli.

For example, when my stimulus object is presented, if the stimulus is labeled "letter" in a list and has the attribute type "target", it should send a trigger with code 3. If it is "non-target", it should send a trigger with code 5.

Is it possible to program different Task Events for the same object with these conditions, or will I need to use Inline code to achieve this?

I appreciate your help and guidance on this matter.

Best regards,

Mairu

Michiel Spape

Jul 9, 2024, 10:44:41 AMJul 9
to e-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Sure. You add an attribute to the variable of interest; let’s say next to Stimulus, StimulusCode. Enter the values there and instead of sending the task event with code 0 or 3 or 5, you send [StimulusCode].

Don’t forget: you cannot send multiple codes at the same time (they’d be added up 00001001 + 00000110 = 00001111) and you should always send a 0 after the initial code, about 10 ms later to avoid similar problems.

Best,

Michiel