underline certain characters/words within text display

Stephen Mattingly

Aug 22, 2013, 1:10:18 PM8/22/13
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

   This seems pretty simple, but i am just learning that Eprime has components to allow you to add code.  So my question is: is it possible to add emphasis within a text slide to certain words. e.g.

"it is IMPORTANT that you remember to press 0 or 1. "

"there is a difference between Remember and Know."

etc

it seems that the property menus are global - either everything in the text slide is underlined (italicized, struck through ,etc), or nothing is. using ctrl+U while highlighting a subset gives the error noise.

ultimately, I've got an idea for adding multiple text boxes within a slide, some with underline and some without, but I feel like this will be very difficult to properly line it up  - especially with the auto-snap feature.

David McFarlane

Aug 26, 2013, 4:06:51 PM8/26/13
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Yes, using multiple text boxes in a Slide is the regular way to get
around this, although clumsy. Ultimately, you could do everything
using Canvas.Text, etc. (see the Canvas topic in the E-Prime Help
facility), although this is not simple (e.g., you will have to do
your own word-wrapping).

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training