Presenting stimolous while a video is playing

CarF

Mar 17, 2021, 4:37:47 AM3/17/21
to E-Prime
Hi everyone,
I work as a research assistant in neurophysiology and currently I'm doing some researches on ERP.
A couple of months ago I started studying and using E-Prime 3.0 to set up some protocols and experiments and first of all, I would like to thank this forum where I found many ideas, tips and help.

I need your help with an experiment I would like to do. In practice, I should be able to play a video (reproduced, without interructions, for the entire duration of the experiment) in the center of the screen, and at variable time intervals I should present a visual stimulus (a small image that stays on the screen for about 200ms) at the corners of the screen ( once top left, once bottom right, and so on), without overlapping the video.

I tried to search here on the group but I could not find anything overlapping except a couple of old posts. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

David McFarlane

Aug 1, 2022, 2:59:44 PM8/1/22
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this. A similar thread appears
at groups.google.com/g/e-prime/c/2M5D3z6JIg8, but in that case the added
content overlapped the video which makes things very difficult, and we
did not address the case when the added content does *not* overlap. So
let's address that now.

In short, you just have to make sure that the added content that you
want to show really does not overlap with the video. The Frame
properties (Size & Position) of your added content provide one way to do
that. You could also set the BackStyle of your added content to
"transparent", although the video will overwrite that anyway. I made a
little demo for myself using EP3 and verified that this will work
(should also work in EP2).

-- David McFarlane