Shared library folder for DLL's

Theodore Huppert

Aug 10, 2021, 4:16:07 PMAug 10
to E-Prime
Is there a LIBRARY PATH setting so that Eprime-2 can reference DLL's that aren't in the same local folder as the .es2 file?  Or else a shared lib folder that Eprime uses.  Specifically, I created a package file that calls a DLL, but the package doesn't carry the DLL with it (can't access it if I put it in the package folder) and it requires the user to copy-paste the DLL into each study folder.   While locally copying the DLL is not hard, it bothers me that I can't make the package completely self-contained.

On a related note- I have a DLL and Eprime-2 package that runs Lab-Streaming Layer (LSL) string messaging if anyone would like this, let me know.

David McFarlane

Aug 10, 2021, 5:18:22 PMAug 10
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I think you can do this with the Declare statement, at least that has
worked for us -- see the "Declare (statement)" topic in the E-Basic Help
facility. You will have to also first register the DLL with Windows for
this to work. You might do the registration manually with the regsvr32
command, typically that gets done for us using the commercial installer
that came with the DLL.

-- David McFarlane