Australia Day weekend, Bright Hang Gliding Fly-in

Gabriel Toniolo

Oct 21, 2017, 3:21:37 AM10/21/17
to mh...@yahoogroups.com, wvhgc@yahoogroups com, nevhgc-comm...@googlegroups.com, Dynasoarers
We need expressions of interest for planning purposes of pilots intending to join in on the fly-in.

We also need volunteers for the roles as required and vacant below. The Dinner in particular.

Please let me know.

Australia Day -  Bright 3 day Weekend Friday, January 26 - 28, 2018

It is our intention to hold a Fly-in (informal competition) aimed at Sports Class (King-posted gliders) during the Australia Day weekend in 2018. At this stage we intend it to be a fee free event with no prizes (just the glory that comes with placing). We will be providing waypoints for the area and hope to have appropriate volunteers for a task committee, weather and Rasp reporting and we already have a volunteer for the role of scorer (thanks Glenn Bachelor). This will also be sponsored by the MHGC so we will have a meal provided on the Saturday night for which we hope to have volunteers from the standing committee to buy, prepare and cook on that night.

Non MHGC pilots will be asked to contribute between $10 - $15 if they wish to join in on the meal (note: membership is only $30 and will cover you and spouse for the meal. (Drinks not included).

I encourage pilots that have not flown in Bright before to attend as it is a great area and is a very popular (for pilots) this time of the year. All sites that are likely to be used are free except for Mystic, which is a major site in the area and most likely to be used. Fees for Mystic are $85 for annual membership of NEVHGC, or $25 for two weeks membership or $10 for single day membership. Payment of these fees are required prior to taking your gear off the car at launch car park. Please visit the NEVHGC for more information regarding their sites and rules, no landing zones etc. We will also provide appropriate briefings each day as required.

The sites that we expect to use (dependant on conditions) are Mystic, Gundowring, Mt Emu or Eagles Rise. Mystic is the main site that will be used so I remind pilots that a fee (short term membership) will be required to fly from this site. (note: If a suitable number of qualified pilots are interested we may try and organize a trip for Mt Buffalo.) **

 ** Mt Buffalo is an advanced HG site and only suitable for Intermediate rated pilots with Alpine flying experience under guidance of a Mt. Buffalo experienced Advance rated pilot (which we can provide). It’s an awesome site but appropriate ratings are required. So if you have been holding off doing your Intermediate sign-off and exam, this may be an experience you don’t want to miss.

During this event the club will be providing members;

-          A free (MHGC members)  BBQ on Saturday night.

-          We will (attempt) to film launches and landings. (Currently we have 1 video camera, at least one other will be great. We will also need assistance from partners of pilots to do some of the filming.)

-          Pre & Post flight debriefings (analysis of filming if available.

-     Advanced pilots will be available for those uninitiated to the flying sites and/or Alpine flying conditions.

Headquarters, and where many of the pilots normally stay, will be Camp Crusty Cr<http://www.campcrusty.com.au>. There is plenty more (more up market) accommodation available (see <http://www.brightvictoria.com.au/>). But as this is a long weekend and a popular time, the suggestion is to book early.

Other general interests (to keep you busy if the flying is not on and your family members happy before they retrieve) around the place are;

- Mountain Biking, water sports in rivers and lakes,

- Wineries, the Bright Brewery

- Scenic drives,

- Restaurants, cafes

- and lots of other activities.

If you require further information please feel free to contact me.

See you all there.

Gabriel Toniolo
Tel: 0407544511

__,_._,___

Gabriel Toniolo

Jan 11, 2018, 11:14:32 PM1/11/18
to mh...@yahoogroups.com, nevhgc-mem...@googlegroups.com, wvhgc@yahoogroups com, Dynasoarers
Just a reminder regarding the upcoming fly-in.
1. It’s going ahead so let’s pray to the weather gods for great flyable weather.
2. All welcome.
3. We have had sufficient offers of help for the meal on Saturday night (we just need to have confirmation of numbers on Friday night).
4. We will try to have someone filming launches and goal LZ landing for educational purposes.
5. First briefing to be held at Camp Crusty in Coronation Avenue at 9.00 AM Friday morning.

If you have any questions prior to arriving regarding accommodation, the event, etc please feel free to contact me by phone. I intend to arrive on the Thursday evening January 25, 2018.

[...]

I encourage pilots that have not flown in Bright before to attend as it is a great area and is very popular (for pilots) this time of the year. All sites that are likely to be used are free except for Mystic, which is a major site in the area and most likely to be used. Fees for Mystic are $85 for annual membership of NEVHGC, or $25 for two weeks membership or $10 for single day membership. Payment of these fees are required prior to taking your gear off the car at launch car park. Please visit the NEVHGC for more information regarding their sites and rules, no landing zones etc. We will also provide appropriate briefings each day as required.