Fwd: Mt Emu Upgrade Working Bee

Gabriel Toniolo

Jan 24, 2017, 6:39:47 AM1/24/17
to nevhgc-mem...@googlegroups.com, wv...@yahoogroups.com, Dynasoarers, mh...@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Honey

From: Patrick Honey <paddy...@optusnet.com.au>
Date: 24 January 2017 at 10:32:50 pm AEDT
To: Peter Kemeny <peter....@gmail.com>, Steve Norman <agno...@internode.on.net>, Gabriel Toniolo <gabriel...@hotmail.com>, Dave Moore <dave.m...@googlemail.com>, <marksky...@icloud.com>
Cc: "Phil Schroder(hg)" <phil....@bigpond.com>
Subject: Mt Emu Upgrade Working Bee

Hi Fellow Pilots,

Mt Emu Upgrade Working Bee:

I’m sending out a request to you social networkers.

Please pass on the the word we need volunteers, (ideally about 10 - 15 people), to help with the upcoming upgrade and revamping of the Mt Emu launch located in the Kiewa Valley, NE Victoria.

Following Phil Schroeder’s long and arduous task of producing the proposal and negotiating with Park Management and securing funding from VHPA, we have the go ahead to prune  some major trees lining the perimeter by local licensed arbitor contractor, Ben Truran next week.

The bulk of our work will be:

  • Remove existing Astroturf and load to trailer for tip
  • Prepare area and lay “Tallangatta” ground shale then compact with wacker compactor
  • lay down and secure “Geo Hex’ pedestrian egg crate
  • Backfill Geohex with local soil, rake off and cast grass seed.

Date: All day,Saturday, 18th February and Sunday morning, 19th February, 2017.

Meet: Mt Beauty bakery 7:30 am for departure 7:45am

Volunteers tool kit: Whipper snippers and fuel, small chainsaws, long handled secateurs, Mattocks, post  hole shovels, sturdy steel rakes, crowbars

My contact details: Mobile: 0412 454771

Don’t forget to bring your Gliders and a cut lunch, water etc..
A sweep to drawn who will get first launch off the new ramp!

Look forward to your enthusiastic replies,

Regards,

Paddy Honey

David Snowden

Jan 25, 2017, 2:51:35 AM1/25/17