Errors when using R2019b Matlab in the Mac OS (Mojave, Version 10.14.6)

Young-Ah Rho

Feb 21, 2020, 10:11:13 AM2/21/20
to DynaSim Users
Hello all,

I recently updated Matlab from R2018b to R2019b (I believe it's the recent version) in the MacOS (Mojave, Version 10.14.6) and ran very simple code, which ran perfectly in the R2018b, in the Dynasim. I got the following error:

"
eqns={
    's=10; r=27; b=2.666';
    'dx/dt=s*(y-x)';
    'dy/dt=r*x-y-x*z';
    'dz/dt=-b*z+x*y';
  };

  data=dsSimulate(eqns,'tspan',[0 100],'ic',[1 2 .5]);

Error:File: dsSimulate.m Line: 820 Column: 64
Identifier 'sim_id' is not a function or a shared variable. To share 'sim_id' with nested function, initialize it in the current scope. For more
information, see Sharing Variables Between Parent and Nested Functions.
"
Has anyone seen such an errors?

Thanks!

Young-Ah

Ardid, Salva

Feb 21, 2020, 1:04:19 PM2/21/20
to Young-Ah Rho, DynaSim Users
This should be fixed in the dev branch, else please open a new issue in the github repo. For reference, please take a look to these two previously reported issues:

https://github.com/DynaSim/DynaSim/issues/576
I receive the following error when I attempt to run the dsTutorial provided in the demos directory. it looks like this prior issue might be related as well Error:File: dsSimulate.m Line: 812 Column...

Warning: File: DynaSim/functions/dsSimulate.m Line: 919 Column: 9 Defining "sim_id" in the nested function shares it with the parent function. In a future release, to share "sim_id&q...

De: dynasi...@googlegroups.com <dynasi...@googlegroups.com> de part de Young-Ah Rho <yar...@vt.edu>
Enviat el: divendres, 21 de febrer de 2020 10:11
Per a: DynaSim Users <dynasi...@googlegroups.com>
Tema: [DS] Errors when using R2019b Matlab in the Mac OS (Mojave, Version 10.14.6)