Adding a mechanism twice to the same population.

Wei, Jingjin

Jul 5, 2019, 6:48:33 PM7/5/19
to DynaSim Users
Hi all,

As topic, is it possible to do:
s.populations(1).mechanism_list={'mech1','mech1'};
s.populations(1).parameters={'gmech1',param1,'gmech1',param2};

with different parameter for each? Or should I make another mechDouble.mech and has mech1_1, mech1_2 with different parameter name for each? Thanks! I think it'll be the latter but I want to make sure, thanks!

Best,
Jingjin

Erik Roberts

Jul 5, 2019, 6:57:53 PM7/5/19
to Wei, Jingjin, DynaSim Users
no, each mech has to be unique for each population.

also each param is tried for each mech, intentionally, to allow easier combined changing. if you want to have different values for the same param name in mech1 and mech2, you could try doing:
s.populations(1).mechanism_list={'mech1','mech2'};
s.populations(1).parameters={‘mech1 .gmech1’,param1,'mech2 .gmech1',param2};