dynamorio Win32 compilation cannot find ZLIB

Minons HK

Aug 13, 2022, 10:52:44 AM8/13/22
to DynamoRIO Users
When dynamorio Win32 compiles, I find that ZLIB cannot be found, but when I compile the x64 version, I directly use the z.lib in Anaconda and succeed directly. How can I get the ZLIB file under Win32?
zlib.png

Derek Bruening

Aug 13, 2022, 11:59:35 AM8/13/22
to Minons HK, DynamoRIO Users
You can see the CMake code that DR uses here: https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L1793
It is just "find_package(ZLIB)".  Maybe your zlib is not installed in a normal location?  You could look at the CMake config file that gets invoked there to see where it looks and what would be effective in adding to its search paths: it is something like share/cmake/Modules/FindZLIB.cmake in your CMake install tree.  Something like ZLIB_ROOT might help.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 10:52 AM Minons HK <hkpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
When dynamorio Win32 compiles, I find that ZLIB cannot be found, but when I compile the x64 version, I directly use the z.lib in Anaconda and succeed directly. How can I get the ZLIB file under Win32?
zlib.png

Minons HK

Aug 13, 2022, 12:03:12 PM8/13/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Thank you for your reply. I only have zlib for X64 in my computer, but I can't find zlib for Windows x86. I would like to ask how do you install zlib on a Windows machine

Minons HK

Aug 13, 2022, 12:20:40 PM8/13/22
to DynamoRIO Users
When I was compiling X64, find_package(ZLIB) found Anacanda, I found it was an X64 version, so my X64 Dynamorio compiled smoothly, but I couldn't find X86-related ZLIB. So I would like to ask you, how do you find the right zlib on Windows?.png

Minons HK

Aug 14, 2022, 12:36:49 AM8/14/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Thank you very much. I checked findzlib. cmak, downloaded a GunWin32 and finally compiled it