Self launching options dumping

ByteCrew

Sep 9, 2022, 11:39:09 AM9/9/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi all,
is it possible form WITHIN the client to dump parameters of executions with witch the drrun.exe has been launched?

For example, having this command:
        .\drrun.exe -c ../client.dll -- ../mytest.exe -option 123 notepad.exe ../another.dll

I want to read and print in a log the bolded parts (or some of it) during the execution of my client. Is that possibile?

Thank you, I hope I have explained myself well.

Derek Bruening

Sep 9, 2022, 2:32:08 PM9/9/22
to ByteCrew, DynamoRIO Users
The application args?  There is dr_get_app_args: https://dynamorio.org/dr__os__utils_8h.html#a5af582761c71e103475166b24181bb4c.  Looks like it is not currently implemented on Windows.  I don't think it would be difficult to add that implementation for Windows if you wanted to contribute it.  This was the original feature request with some discussion: https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/2662

ByteCrew

Sep 13, 2022, 4:36:58 AM9/13/22
to DynamoRIO Users
I would like to take a look at the actual implementation but I cannot find any useful info in the dr_os_utils.h source code. Where I can find the actual implementation of this technique on github?

Derek Bruening

Sep 13, 2022, 11:29:14 AM9/13/22
to ByteCrew, DynamoRIO Users
You're asking where the source code for DynamoRIO lives?  That should be easy to find by searching or following pointers to the Github project from dynamorio.org e.g. https://dynamorio.org/page_source_code.html