Question about how to combine Dr.Fuzz with a detection tool

W ZHANG

Apr 13, 2023, 1:27:38 AM4/13/23
to DynamoRIO Users
Hello everyone,

I have used DynamoRio to build an memory error detector, and now I want to combine it with Dr. Fuzz to fuzz the binary. But when I look at the Dr. Fuzz manual, there is no details about how to combine it. Could you please help me with any suggestion? I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Wen

Sahil Gupta

Apr 13, 2023, 5:49:51 PM4/13/23
to DynamoRIO Users
Hello,

Dr. Fuzz is built as a separate library which you can use in your DR tool. Have you tried following the setup on https://drmemory.org/page_drfuzz.html ?

W ZHANG

Apr 14, 2023, 2:56:42 PM4/14/23
to DynamoRIO Users
Hello,

Yes, I did see this setup manual, but I am confused about how to set up the code coverage info connection between my tool and Dr. Fuzz since Dr. Fuzz needs these to set the unique fuzz path, is there any example that can show this connection? Thank you.

Sincerely,
Wen

Sahil Gupta

Apr 14, 2023, 7:22:39 PM4/14/23
to DynamoRIO Users
Dr. Memory has integration with Dr. Fuzz. This is mentioned and linked on the top of the page which I sent you (https://drmemory.org/page_drfuzz.html). Have you tried following the examples over there?