Multithreaded simulation only happening on single core

Luke Thistlethwaite

Apr 28, 2022, 4:12:01 PM4/28/22
to DynamoRIO Users
I am trying to use DynamoRIO to capture TLB statistics for a certain multithreaded benchmark (freqmine, from PARSEC). When I run the following command, I get output for all four cores:

DynamoRIO/bin64/drrun -t drcachesim -simulator_type TLB -- bin/freqmine input.dat 1

(where bin/freqmine input.data 1 is the command I'm tracing)

However, when I add certain command line options, I only get output for a single core. For example, adding "-exit_after_tracing 100000" will make the output look like the attached screenshot.

Does anybody know why there are no threads on the other cores?
Screenshot 2022-04-28 151131.png

Derek Bruening

May 5, 2022, 9:11:29 AM5/5/22
to Luke Thistlethwaite, DynamoRIO Users
I would assume that your tracing limit exited the application before it created any additional threads, so there's only one thread in the trace.