Requirement of C++11 when using droption or drmemtrace

Derek C.

Apr 17, 2023, 5:35:37 AM4/17/23
to DynamoRIO Users
Hello,

I'm having trouble with writing my own drmemtrace-analyzer in C++17. I figured that DynamoRIO overwrites the used C++ standard at two places in the DynamoRIOConfig.cmake file.

and

Without removing those lines, I wasn't able to specify C++17 for my project. DynamoRIO always overwrote it with C++11. It there a reason behind this?
Commenting those lines out works fine.

Thanks

Derek Bruening

Apr 17, 2023, 11:35:50 AM4/17/23
to Derek C., DynamoRIO Users
The reason would be that the defaults for the compilers at that time were older than C++11 so DR's C++ exports would not build without explicitly specifying C++11.  If you would like to add logic to avoid limiting to C++11 if the compiler's default is at least C++11 please send a pull request.