How to create a new online drcachesim analysis tool

Derek Christ

Apr 2, 2022, 6:26:26 PM4/2/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hello,

how can I create a new drcachesim analysis tool that can also run online?
https://dynamorio.org/sec_drcachesim_newtool.html gives some information on how to configure CMake for including the headers and linking the libraries of the drmemtrace framework. So the building process works fine for me.

From what I've seen, an offline analyzer can be built by writing a launcher like the opcode_mix_launcher or the histogram_launcher.

But how to integrate my own analyzer with the drmemtrace online framework? Will the online analyzer somehow get passed to the drcachesim as an command line argument? I'm sorry if I've missed something obvious.

Thanks!

Derek Bruening

Apr 5, 2022, 3:08:11 PM4/5/22
to Derek Christ, DynamoRIO Users
Today, you would have to modify the drcachesim source code and have it invoke your analyzer linked in to the drcachsim binary.
There is a filed feature request https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/3101 on a binary interface which would load an analyzer packaged as a shared library.

Derek Christ

Apr 6, 2022, 9:14:34 AM4/6/22
to DynamoRIO Users
I see, thank you.

Derek Bruening

Apr 6, 2022, 11:44:44 AM4/6/22
to Derek Christ, DynamoRIO Users
If you're interested in implementing that feature we would be happy to have the contribution.