Query on Offline Trace option for func_view

Joyjeet Kar

Dec 1, 2022, 2:47:30 AM12/1/22
to dynamor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It seems like 'func_view' option in drcachesim is only available in offline mode - https://dynamorio.org/sec_drcachesim_funcs.html

Is there some recent work to get this option in online mode ??

Regards
Joyjeet Kar

Derek Bruening

Dec 1, 2022, 11:00:19 AM12/1/22
to Joyjeet Kar, dynamor...@googlegroups.com
You would need function tracing itself in online mode before it would make sense to have a view tool.  I don't recall why function tracing was added only in offline: offline is a primary focus but I am not sure there is any reason it won't just work for online.  I would suggest trying it out, adding tests, and sending a PR to enable the -record_function, -record_heap, and function view tool in online mode.