What are the types of data for each folder (Merced, charlie, delta, and whiskey)?

Edward Edberg

Jun 29, 2022, 7:26:44 PM6/29/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi,

I would like to know what types of data are for each folder (Merced, charlie, delta, and whiskey). Is it machine learning trace or others? Where can I find this information?

Thanks,
Edward

Derek Bruening

Jun 30, 2022, 3:27:06 PM6/30/22
to Edward Edberg, DynamoRIO Users
Unfortunately for the Google Workload Traces we are not allowed to release details on the source applications.  If you can provide suggested broad categories of applications and a rationale for why that helps in your research or analysis we can try to make a case for providing a category in a future release of the traces.

a p

Aug 25, 2022, 8:58:46 AM8/25/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi,

I am hijacking this thread since my question is also about the Google Traces. Can you please confirm that the traces only have application-level information (no kernel code?). Or, on the contrary, was DRK used to capture everything?

Thank you!

Arthur

sharma...@google.com

Aug 25, 2022, 9:48:54 AM8/25/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi Arthur,
That's correct -- these traces do not contain any information from the kernel's execution.

Abhinav