Can't compile minimal example - Undefined Symbol Error

seal

Dec 6, 2022, 2:25:56 PM12/6/22
to DynamoRIO Users
I have been trying to compile one of the sample dynamorio passes (instrace_simple.c), however after successful compilation I get the error-message: "<ERROR: using undefined symbol!>" when I attempt to run it. What can I do about this issue?

I included the code I am using to set this up in the gist below (exec_trace.c, util,c & util.h correspond exactly to instrace_simple.c and the utils files from the sample). The README.md file describes how I setup dynamorio and how I build/run the pass.

sharma...@google.com

Dec 7, 2022, 10:10:19 AM12/7/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hi,
I found some related discussions on this error.

Let me know if any of these help.

Abhinav

seal

Dec 7, 2022, 11:17:50 AM12/7/22
to DynamoRIO Users
Hey,

Thanks for posting these. Neither one of these seem to apply to my case unfortunately though. For some reason a lot of symbols (eg. drmgr_init, dr_snprintf, or instr_get_opcode) are listed as undefined when I run the `nm` tool even though I add all of the relevant extensions using `use_DynamoRIO_extension` in my CMakelists.txt file. I believe this is what might be causing the errors.