dygraphs 2.2.1 released

Thorsten Glaser

Feb 18, 2023, 12:33:54 PM2/18/23
to dygraph...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

such traffic! ;-) Late this thundersday evening:

https://github.com/danvk/dygraphs/releases/tag/v2.2.1

I’ve released a, well, mostly targeted bugfixes, version (also
uploaded to Debian to hopefully make it into bookworm, the next
stable release expected by 2023Q2). There are a few highlights
that should make using dygraphs in various projects easier:

• stable access to exported functions (if you only want to
overwrite a little); do mind that this exposes the internal
API surface, so there are less guarantees of longer-term
stability than with the normal, nōn-underscored, exports

• ES6 importing the extras is now possible

• in the transpiling, I tweaked some settings and rewrote some
code to natively use ES5 variants of some structures, as the
Babel-transformed code was hitting edge cases in PhantomJS
(which we use to test) and other older browsers and exposed
e.g. _typeof() globally, which was global namespace pollution

You can now finally use `[]` to initialise a data-less graph
to be filled later as well.

The examples have been changed to use a method to wait until
the DOM is ready before manipulating it. This is jQuery $(cb)
where jQuery is already used, but you can use your favourite
framework’s helpers for this (e.g. Prototype’s…

document.observe("dom:loaded", cb);

)… and if you have none, Dygraph.onDOMready(cb), which I used
else, is provided e.g. for self-contained code, as a simple one
that works on modern enough browsers (plus onload fallback):
Opera 9, Firefox 2, IE9, etc.

(I am aware site/download.html in 2.2.1 still lists 2.2.0, oops
I forgot updating releases.json; this is fixed on the website
and in git master.)

Testing (and perhaps more fixes ☺) welcome!

Most of the remaining issues/PRs on GitHub need triage as they
predate v2.0.0 even; volunteers welcome.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also, https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!