Z axis retract speed

Michele Gi

Jun 2, 2015, 5:18:22 AM6/2/15
to dxf2gc...@googlegroups.com
For reasons that I can not explain here I am forced to use a very low FEEDZ 50.

Everything is going well and the work is done as it should. What's really annoying is then stand there and wait for the spindle rolling back with the same speed of FEEDZ.
I made some changes to sources so that the retraction takes place at the speed FEEDXY.
Not the best solution but at least do not get bored;-).

I wonder if there is appropriate to consider the possibility of implementing FEEDZ as default speed and add an OUTFEEDZ to accelerate the retraction of theaxis.

JP

Jun 2, 2015, 5:05:26 PM6/2/15
to dxf2gc...@googlegroups.com
Nice idea, but this will involve some work which I don't really want to spend (maybe some other dev??) - and don't really like the idea to bother users with another field they have to fill. Also I'm not quite sure if it is really smart to retract much faster. But if you are using the python source code (instead of the executable) I can easily provide you the locations where you should make some changes (simplest to just hardcode that you want to retract with speed of x4 or 200 etc - this will probably only involve one or two lines you have to add)

JP

Jun 17, 2015, 6:45:40 AM6/17/15
to dxf2gc...@googlegroups.com
I actually changed my mind :) Will add this feature in the near future

Regards

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 11:18:22 AM UTC+2, Michele Gi wrote:

rando.sauvage

Jan 22, 2016, 5:35:07 AM1/22/16
to dxf2gcode-dev
JP, any progress on this subject? (I am just discovering the thread, but this feature was in my TODO list for a long time: when you eg drill a hole at low speed, once the hole is done, it's quite annoying and useless to wait for the mill to retract at low speed).

My though on the subject was just to add an option in the configuration window to choose between "Retract at G1 speed" or "Retract at G0 speed". Your solution is better, but more complex (we have to add a new field AND save this new field AND deal with the ancient project files that didn't have this field).
Note: I am all in favor of a new field "Z retract speed", since it's the most powerful feature (will allow to set the retract speed individually, contrarily to the other solutions "x4" or "G0")

What do you think? Did you do some work on this yet?

Xavier

JP

Jan 26, 2016, 7:05:44 AM1/26/16
to dxf2gcode-dev
Hi,
I'm not in favor of doing the dirty way. Since, its actually quite easy. I can manipulate the project files really easy. So unless you want to fix it. I could do it. Might do it this weekend ;)

rando.sauvage

Feb 1, 2016, 9:43:11 PM2/1/16
to dxf2gcode-dev
Hi JP,

Ok, that's nice if you implement this ; I don't know when I would work on this, but it won't be as early as your proposition ;-) Please just drop a small message here when you start working on this, thus ensuring that not 2 of us are working on the same thing (I will obviously do the same if I work on this feature).

Xavier