DX'24: Significant deadline extension, new dates and a new location

Ingo Pill

May 31, 2024, 9:24:22 AMMay 31
to dx-conference
Dear DX community!

As Rui, Bruno and Avi teasered, there are a few updates that we would like to announce for DX'24!

With the switch from Israel to Portugal, there was a very tight submission schedule. Considering the feedback from the community, it was too tight and we learned that many of you did not have enough time for preparing your submissions.

In a meeting between the DX steering committee and the organizers, we decided that we need a significant deadline extension but saw also that organizational constraints do not allow for that with the current conference dates.

In order to enable such an extension, we will thus move DX'24 to a date around November and also to a new location (and European country). Please give us a few days to work out the exact details like the conference dates, but the most important news right now is that this will enable us to have a new submission deadline in late summer (August/September)! Without teasing too much unconfirmed details, rest assured that the new location will be worth a trip not only to the conference itself, but you might want to add one or the other day of vacation to roam one of Europe's major cities.

With the new submission schedule, we are looking forward to receiving your future papers, and we would like to thank all authors who already submitted one or the other paper!

It goes without saying that our thanks go also to Rui, Bruno and Avi for their efforts, and also to the new organization team that will be announced soon!

On behalf of the DX steering committee, the DX'24 PC, and the DX'24 organization team, Ingo (Ingo Pill, DX steering committee chair).

P.S. We will keep you posted via this Google group, and please expect our first detailed updates already in the following two weeks!