I am organizing a Special Issue at the renowned Software Quality Journal (https://link.springer.com/journal/11219) on the topic of Verification and Validation of Adaptive Software.
I would kindly invite you to submit a contribution, relevant to the call for papers, but feel free to widely disseminate the call as well: https://www.springer.com/journal/11219/updates/17193268
Please find an excerpt from the call below:
CALL FOR PAPERS
Verification and validation (V&V) methods, the most notable being testing, are applied in the industry in order to automatically detect failures in software systems. Exhaustive testing of adaptive software is critical so correct functionality in an ever-changing environment can be assured. Here existing and novel V&V approaches are introduced in complex systems in order to ensure correct behaviour in every possible state during execution. Thus, the following questions arise:
- Which properties can be verified/tested at design-, configuration- and run-time?
- How can testing be automated in adaptive software systems?
- What are industrial use cases of application domains for adaptive software?
The topics relevant to this special issue include, but are not restricted to, the following:
V&V in Adaptive Software
- Software architectures
- Test modelling and execution
- Real-time simulation
- Runtime verification and monitoring
V&V methodologies and paradigms
- Self-organizing systems and emergent behaviour
- Fail-operational systems
- AI software systems
V&V for Autonomous Driving
- Testing autonomous driving functions
- Testing for safety and security
Submission deadline: March 01, 2020
Authors are encouraged to submit high-quality, original work that has neither appeared in, nor is under consideration by, other journals. All journal submissions will go through a rigorous reviewing process according to the journal standards.
If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Josip Bozic, Guest Editor