Funded PhD position in Artificial Intelligence / Software Engineering (Austria)

Franz Wotawa

Sep 15, 2019, 3:01:31 PM9/15/19
to dx-wo...@googlegroups.com
JUNIOR RESEARCHER (PhD student)
Artificial Intelligence / Software Engineering
TU Graz, Austria

As part of the funded research project "iDEOS - Interactive Spreadsheet
Debugging", we offer an open PhD position to be filled starting
***October 1st 2019*** with a duration of 3.5 years for 30h a week.

The project is a cooperation project between TU Graz and the University
of Klagenfurt in Austria. A successful candidate will be employed at TU
Graz located in Graz, Austria.

The project focuses on new methods and techniques for automated fault
localization in programs considering methods originating from Artificial
Intelligence as well as on their practical evaluation. Spreadsheets are
the primary application area.

Your job responsibilities will be:
* Development and evaluation of research prototypes.
* Design, implementation, and evaluation of user studies.
* Writing of scientific articles comprising obtained research results.
* Presentation of research results at international conferences and
workshops.

Prerequisites:
* A Master's degree in the area of computer science or a related discipline.
* Interest in research in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and
Software Engineering

We offer:
* Working as part of a strong internationally oriented research team.
* Guidance on carrying out competitive research.
* Possibility to obtain a PhD degree.

In case of questions please contact:

Prof. Dietmar Jannach
dietmar...@aau.at
Department of Applied Informatics
University of Klagenfurt

Prof. Franz Wotawa
wot...@ist.tugraz.at
Institute for Software Technology
Graz University of Technology
--
| Univ.Prof. DI Dr Franz Wotawa | Inst. f. Software Technology |