Zebra Crossing - Dwarka

1 view

Sanjeev Goyal

Aug 1, 2021, 6:21:16 AM8/1/21
to ce...@dda.org.in, dwarka-residents, ees...@dda.org.in, eeswd8, EXECUTIVE ENGINEER WD9

DWARKA FORUM Dwarka Ki Awaaz

                                          (Regn No. S-63070)

      (A Welfare Association of Residents & RWA's / CGHS Representatives of Dwarka Sub-City)

Regd. Office:

720, Pocket-1, Sector-14,

Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078

Phone No. 011-20514195

E-mail: dwark...@gmail.com

www.dwarkaforum.org

Letter No. SKG/DDA/311                        01 Aug 2021

Chief Engineer, DDA

Dwarka Project,

Manglapuri, Delhi-110045.

Dear Sir,

Reg: Wrong zebra Crossings.

I wish to attract your attention towards bad condition of zebra crossings throughout Dwarka. Even though IRC & UTTIPEC has issued detailed guidelines, the crossings are painted in haphazard manner. These crossings are openly violating all rules and are not indicating any intelligent act by the field staff.

To quote a few examples, please refer attached photographs:

1.    Zebra 1 – The crossing is painted 25 feet away from crossing,

2.    Zebra 2 to 5 – Crossing painted in front of iron grills,

3.    Zebra 6 to 7 – Incomplete Road covered, painting left mid-way,

4.    Zebra 8 to 9 – Dilapidated central verge difficult to cross.

It is a matter of question why simple guidelines cannot be followed? This painting of several zebra crossings in violation of norms confirms that the job is to just paint the crossing and no one ensured to see whether this confirms compliance with all the applicable guidelines and the crossing can actually be used conveniently & safely by the pedestrians? Engineers belong to the highly educated class and we expect them to reflect their high qualities through the work.

We request that an audit of compliance with UTTIPEC guidelines concerning zebra crossings be conducted in Dwarka and appropriate action is taken immediately.

Warm Regards,

Please acknowledge.

S K Goyal

Jt Secretary, Dwarka Form,