Recarpeting

Sanjeev Goyal

May 17, 2024, 10:31:35 AMMay 17
to dwarka-residents

DOURD/E/2024/0026300

14/05/2024

Dwarka.

Re-carpeting has been observed in some parts of sector 19B. It is a little surprise that roads were in reasonable condition not requiring instant resurfacing. I pass through this patch daily and found no potholes except a little patch at T point near Sanskriti Apartment. DDA needs to see what parameters they follow for such recommendations. As a society can we afford such luxury? When there was no pothole why such re-carpeting was undertaken? The field staff is not bothered at all about the illegal and dangerous speed breakers fixed on roads but is very instant in resurfacing. Black toping is an act full of pollution & heat. This seems a primary waste of resources and a contribution towards existing heat in the environment. Apparently, the staff has little interest in timely repair of potholes but carpeting has been done quickly. Just oldness is no justification for resurfacing until there is sufficient wear & tear. Whether video of old road has been preserved justifying the act?

The CE may please examine when road was reasonable good and there is no pothole why the need to recarpet arose?