Prophesee camera plug-ins for DV or libcaer

jonah.s...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2023, 10:51:42 AM1/17/23
to dv-users
Hello,

I was wondering if there is the ability to utilize Prophesee or Prophesee-partner cameras with DV or even libcaer. I would imagine we would have to write our own plug-in for the camera in libcaer and corresponding object in DV. Is there an established way to do this?

Jonah Sengupta

Luca Longinotti

Jan 17, 2023, 11:07:37 AM1/17/23
to dv-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

plugging them into libcaer would be very involved and not make much sense, as libcaer is specifically the low-level abstraction layer for our cameras.
To add them to DV, you'd simply write a DV module that has no inputs, only outputs, which uses whatever low-level camera access library Prophesee makes available to get the data and format it into our output formats.
--
Luca Longinotti (llongi)

Head of Embedded Platforms
iniVation AG - https://inivation.com/
Zurich, Switzerland
Office: +41 44 500 32 14

jonah.s...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2023, 11:19:04 AM1/17/23
to dv-users
Luca - thanks for the quick reply. I would follow something close to this tutorial, correct? https://inivation.gitlab.io/dv/dv-docs/docs/first-module/
I would also adapt the CMakeLists to also add the Prophesee libraries, right?

Luca Longinotti

Jan 17, 2023, 12:27:21 PM1/17/23
to dv-u...@googlegroups.com
Correct on both counts, yes.

Yue Li

Jan 16, 2024, 4:34:15 AMJan 16
to dv-users
Hello,
I'm also dealing with that. I'm wondering how to format data. Could you give me more detailed guidance?

Yue Li

Luca Longinotti

Jan 19, 2024, 10:42:07 AMJan 19
to dv-u...@googlegroups.com
Within our frameworks we use AEDAT4 data formats, so events are dv::EventPacket, frames are dv::Frame, IMU data is dv::IMUPacket.
You'd basically have to create these datatypes and set their fields with the data you get from the competitor's camera.