DVXplorer calibration

Alessandro Marchei

Jun 26, 2024, 3:08:45 AMJun 26
to dv-users
Good morning,

I am having a lot of issues when calibrating my DVXplorer micro.

I am using the guidelines that you offer in your official documentation, and I am using the DV-GUI calibration module.

I firstly focus my camera with the siemens rotating bar as you suggest and that step is successful.
However when it comes to obtain the calibration parameter I have issues.

Problems :

- Even with various accumulation parameters (changing neutral potential, event contribution values  e.g. 0.05 to 0.35 or higher), no detected patterns are shown. They only appear for short time periods but are not long enough to allow for the calibration of that frame zone. I tried many times but they are not shown consistently and hence calibration is almost impossible

- I would like also to have the IMU-CALIBRATION module but it seems it is not present anymore in the dv-gui, although in some gitlab pages you mention it. How can i know the IMU-CAMERA transformation matrix?

Hope you are able to help me

Wish you a good day

Alessandro Marchei

Luca Longinotti

Jun 26, 2024, 5:53:09 PMJun 26
to dv-users
Hello, calibration can be difficult, you might have to try for a long time, maybe try a different S-mount lens, they tend to be a bit more annoying to calibration due to greater distortion than the big C-mount lenses.
You can also try taking a recording and then feeding that into one of the expensive image reconstruction neural networks like E2VID or FireNet, and then build your calibration pipeline out of that, it's more complex but can lead to better results.
There also is the IMU-CAM calibration module based on Kalibr that can do both lens calibration and IMU too, it was never part of the standard DV distribution, but always a separate module:

Hope this helps, have a nice day!