OPTIC FLOW algorithm

Alessandro Marchei

Mar 15, 2024, 10:01:19 AMMar 15
to dv-users
I need to compute OPTIC FLOW with my DVXplorer Micro.
Looking online there are many algorithms that exploit machine learning models, which I would like to avoid.

Is there a way to implement the ABMOF algorithm which is event based, rather than the classical Lucas Kanade which would need a conversion of the frames and hence not optimal since we have already events?

The jAER library is only available in java, is there a way to import it in my dv-processing project in c++?

Is the jAER library also for DVXplorer cameras or also for DAVIS?

Thanks

Luca Longinotti

Mar 18, 2024, 12:37:13 PMMar 18
to dv-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello. Indeed we don't offer a ready solution for optical flow in our C++ API.
It is not possible to directly use any Java/jAER code with the C++ API.
jAER supports DAVIS for sure, I don't know about the status of DVXplorer support. Probably not the Micro which uses a different data format than the big DVXplorer.
A collection of algorithms for optical flow can be found here:
--
Luca Longinotti (llongi)

Head of Embedded Platforms
iniVation AG - https://inivation.com/