ALT.NET Beers Night - The Sequel

Jan Van Ryswyck

Sep 17, 2010, 4:13:12 PM9/17/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Hi all,

Some of you guys might have picked this up via Twitter already: Neil
Robbins decided to take a job in Brussels and move to our country for
some time. For those of you who don't know him, Neil is just an all-
round hell of a nice guy, oh, and he already paid his dues by doing a
talk on NoSQL for the Europe Virtual ALT.NET thingie:

http://europevan.blogspot.com/2010/04/recording-of-neil-robbins-on-nosql-e.html

So, why don't we have another ALT.NET beers night somewhere in the
month of October with Neil as our guest of honor? Great geek
conversations, tons of beer, ... what could possibly go wrong?

Neil is residing in Nouvain-la-Neuve. I don't know how mobile he is,
but just to be sure we could choose a location not far from there or
maybe someone from that neighbourhood can pick him up? Any suggestions
for a nice place?

How about it?

Michel Grootjans

Sep 18, 2010, 2:58:48 AM9/18/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Sounds good to me. Here's a doodle to decide on the date:
http://www.doodle.com/6s4qyxewtee6htbd

On Sep 17, 10:13 pm, Jan Van Ryswyck <jan.van.rysw...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some of you guys might have picked this up via Twitter already: Neil
> Robbins decided to take a job in Brussels and move to our country for
> some time. For those of you who don't know him, Neil is just an all-
> round hell of a nice guy, oh, and he already paid his dues by doing a
> talk on NoSQL for the Europe Virtual ALT.NET thingie:
>
> http://europevan.blogspot.com/2010/04/recording-of-neil-robbins-on-no...

Jan Van Ryswyck

Sep 18, 2010, 9:47:54 AM9/18/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Hi all,

I forgot to mention that Neil is speaking at Devcon in London from
27-29 Sept. So I guess it will be October anyway.

Kind regards,

Jan

On Sep 18, 8:58 am, Michel Grootjans <michel.grootj...@gmail.com>

Jan Van Ryswyck

Oct 10, 2010, 3:52:57 PM10/10/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Hi all,

I know we first committed to the 25th of October, but due to some
personal stuff, Neil asked if we could reschedule to later. I
therefore created a new Doodle for the month of November.

http://www.doodle.com/gsik85s35687txvh

Kind regards,

Jan

Neil Robbins

Oct 10, 2010, 4:08:01 PM10/10/10
to dutchal...@googlegroups.com
Apologies to all - will explain over a beer

--
Je hebt dit bericht ontvangen, omdat je je hebt aangemeld bij de groep 'dutchaltdotnet' van Google Discussiegroepen.
Als je een bericht in deze groep wilt plaatsen, stuur je een e-mail naar dutchal...@googlegroups.com.

Jan Van Ryswyck

Oct 15, 2010, 2:29:02 AM10/15/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Hi all,

How about we commit this thing on Thursday 18 November at 18:00? Neil
mentioned that he would like to visit Leuven, so how about gathering
at Domus in Leuven?

http://www.domusleuven.be

You can park your car nearby at the Ladeuze square:

http://www.leuven.be/adressen/parkings/parking-ladeuze.jsp

I can pick up the folks that are coming from Antwerp.
Let me know if this OK for you guys so I can make a reservation.

On Oct 10, 10:08 pm, Neil Robbins <neilarobb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apologies to all - will explain over a beer
>
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 8:52 PM, Jan Van Ryswyck
> > dutchaltdot...@googlegroups.com<dutchaltdotnet%2Bafmelden@googlegr oups.com>
> > .
> > Bezoek deze groep ophttp://groups.google.com/group/dutchaltdotnet?hl=nlvoormeer opties.

Michel Grootjans

Oct 15, 2010, 3:04:54 AM10/15/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Ok for Leuven, Domus => 18:00

Neil Robbins

Oct 15, 2010, 3:27:03 AM10/15/10
to dutchal...@googlegroups.com
I've put it in my diary

Bart Deleye

Oct 16, 2010, 6:08:31 AM10/16/10
to dutchal...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there

Jan Van Ryswyck

Oct 18, 2010, 2:51:49 AM10/18/10
to dutchaltdotnet
I'll make reservations for 6 people then.

On Oct 16, 12:08 pm, Bart Deleye <bart.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be there
>
> >> Bezoek deze groep ophttp://groups.google.com/group/dutchaltdotnet?hl=nlvoormeer opties.
>
> >  --
> > Je hebt dit bericht ontvangen, omdat je je hebt aangemeld bij de groep
> > 'dutchaltdotnet' van Google Discussiegroepen.
> > Als je een bericht in deze groep wilt plaatsen, stuur je een e-mail naar
> > dutchal...@googlegroups.com.
> > Als je je wilt afmelden voor deze groep, stuur je een e-mail naar

Peter Eysermans

Oct 18, 2010, 2:56:31 AM10/18/10
to dutchaltdotnet
I will try to join you guys but I have a basketball game that evening.
I don't know if I'll be able to reschedule that.

Jan Van Ryswyck

Oct 19, 2010, 10:30:02 AM10/19/10
to dutchaltdotnet
Hi all,

It's now official. Just made the reservations. We're being expected at
18:00, preferably thirsty and/or hungry :-).

Grtz,

Jan