Job opening for Haskell developer in Nijmegen

Roel van Dijk

Apr 18, 2013, 7:04:06 AM4/18/13
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Sensor Sense is looking for a software developer to work on the
design and implementation of ultra-sensitive trace gas
detectors. These instruments belong to the most sensitive in the
world.

You will work closely with physicists, electronic – and
mechanical engineers to design new detectors and improve existing
detectors. As a software developer you will be responsible for
the complete design and implementation of the software required
to operate these instruments. This includes embedded software for
data-acquisition, measuring algorithms, data analysis and user
interface design.

For the next generation of detectors we are developing, we have
chosen Haskell to write the control software. Except for some
low-level embedded C code, Haskell is used for everything else:
interfacing with custom hardware, data analysis and handling the
web-based user interface.

The ideal candidate has experience with C and Python and is
familiar with functional programming. Experience with Haskell is
certainly a plus. But rather than developers with experience in
specific languages we are looking for fast learners with a
flexible mindset.

Sensor Sense is a young spin-off company based in
Nijmegen (NL). See our website www.sensor-sense.nl for more
information.

If you are interested or have questions please contact Sacco te
Lintel Hekkert at lintel...@sensor-sense.nl.