Invitation: PhD defense and party, 5 September 2012, Utrecht

José Pedro Magalhães

Aug 22, 2012, 6:14:29 AM8/22/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

In a mere two weeks' time I will be defending my PhD thesis [1] at the Academiegebouw [2] in Utrecht! My thesis is all about Haskell (ok, with some Agda too) and generic programming. I probably do not know all 105 members of the Dutch Haskell User Group mailing list in person, but still, if you know me and would like to be present, please do join!

The defense itself starts at 16h15 on the 5th of September, ends at around 17h15, and is followed by drinks and snacks at the same location, until around 18h30. Later in the evening I'll be at the Rechtbank [3] around 21h30 for more drinks.

All I ask of you is that if you're planning to come to either event, please send me an email, so that I can plan things ahead. If you have any questions you can contact me or Derk (derko...@gmail.com), one of my paranymphs.

Cheers,
Pedro

[1] http://www.dreixel.net/index.php?content=thesis
[2] http://www.uu.nl/EN/academiegebouw/Visitor%20information/Pages/directions.aspx
[3] http://www.de-rechtbank.nl/home_33.html

S. Doaitse Swierstra

Aug 22, 2012, 6:27:56 AM8/22/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Agnes and I will attend all festitivities,

  Doaitse

On Aug 22, 2012, at 12:14 , José Pedro Magalhães <josepedro...@gmail.com>

Wouter Swierstra

Aug 23, 2012, 3:06:51 AM8/23/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

> All I ask of you is that if you're planning to come to either event, please
> send me an email, so that I can plan things ahead. If you have any questions
> you can contact me or Derk (derko...@gmail.com), one of my paranymphs.

I'd like to come to the defence and the receptie, and will try to join
you later in the evening for drinks. See you soon,

Wouter

S. Doaitse Swierstra

Aug 23, 2012, 5:54:40 AM8/23/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Ging jij volgende week gastspreker zijn, of was je vergeten dat je dan naar IFP wilt/gaat?

Doaitse

On Aug 23, 2012, at 9:06 , Wouter Swierstra <w.s.sw...@uu.nl>

Remy Willems

Aug 23, 2012, 9:52:34 AM8/23/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

I'll come to the defence and the reception, if that's possible. I'm not sure if I'll be at the Rechtbank.

Regards,
Remy.

Alessandro Vermeulen

Aug 23, 2012, 9:56:59 AM8/23/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

I will be there for your defense and the drinks. Possibly also at the Rechtbank.

See you soon,
Alessandro

Adrien Haxaire

Aug 28, 2012, 3:39:08 AM8/28/12
to dutc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for inviting us. will be here too for the defense and the borrel, but I will not join for de Rechtbank.

By the way, thanks for putting you thesis online. I can read it beforehand, which is helpful for me as I do not have a CS background, i.e. many things to learn :)

Adrien