Piney Funding to be decided on Monday, write City Council now!

Sandi Metz

Jun 2, 2023, 12:44:01 PM6/2/23
to durhampi...@googlegroups.com
All,
City Council is voting on whether to approve the money to complete the renovation at Piney Wood in three days, at the June 5 Meeting on Monday evening

It's time to make your voice heard.

You can attend the meeting in person if you choose, but I'm told that submitting a written comment is just as impactful (and doing so has the advantage of requiring almost zero effort.)

Please take two measly minutes right now to write City Council asking them to support this funding.

Here's how:
Point your browser to the Council's Written Public Comment Form and fill out the six required fields as shown below in yellow highlighter.  Remember that copy/paste is your friend.

--------------------------------
Written Comment Form Fields:
Agenda Item Number and Title if Applicable:
19. Change Order #1 to the Construction Contract with Bar Construction Company, Inc. for the Athletic Court Renovations – Piney Wood Park Pickleball Project

Comment Type:
Consent Agenda

Meeting Date if Applicable:
June 5, 2023

Comment:
(Use the following as is, tweak it, or be a special snowflake)
Dear City Council Members,

I'm writing to urge you to support agenda item #19, the change order to add funding for the construction of dedicated pickleball courts at Piney Wood Park.

Investing in upgrades to the Piney Wood courts is a wise and important use of city funds. Improving the courts will not only benefit pickleball players but also promote a healthy and active lifestyle for all residents. Additionally, as pickleball continues to grow in popularity, it has the potential to attract visitors to our city to play in tournaments, which supports local businesses and boosts the economy.

Approving this additional funding to complete the Piney Wood pickleball courts is an investment in our community's health, wellness, and vibrancy.

Thank you,
YOUR NAME HERE

Proponent/Opponent:
Proponent

Name:
YOUR NAME

Next, complete the Phone Number. and Email Address fields if you choose, and then
press the 'Submit' button.
--------------------------------

It's that simple.
Do it.
Now.
And please, forward this email to your friends.

With hopes that you've already told Council how you feel about Piney and pickleball,
Best,
Sandi

--
Sandi Metz
2023 President, Durham Area Pickleball Players

Sample completed form for you visual types:
image.png