Please fill out your DAPP 2023 board election ballot

Sandi Metz

Nov 14, 2023, 9:11:28 AM11/14/23
to durhampi...@googlegroups.com
Good morning on this beautiful fall day.

It's election time!  As per our bylaws, the nominating committee has identified candidates for next year's DAPP officers and at-large board members.

Details are below (along with some information about term lengths) but in case you're rushing out the door to play pickleball, here's the TLDR:
  • Nominations have been open to all for the past month.
  • Due to a dearth of nominees, the committee was forced to unleash the browbeating stick.
  • Folks succumbed, and now we have a full slate.
  • The ballot asks you to approve or disapprove the entire slate.
  • If you do not vote, we'll assume you approve the proposed candidates.
  • Voting ends Dec 8.
It's as easy as that.

I know what you really want is for me to tell you when Piney will open.  Soon!  Now give it a rest, that's the best I can do. :-)

Meanwhile, please go vote!

Best,
Sandi Metz
2023 President

Details

Officers

Term (years)

Role

Name

1

President

Sandi Metz

1

Vice-President

Diane Fleischman

1

Secretary

Carol Kozar

1

Treasurer

Michelle Hunt

Officer’s terms are for one year.  An officer may run for the same seat for one additional year, after which they may run for any other seat.  Thus, an officer can hold the same position for only two continuous years.

Term (years)

Role

Name

2

Community Rep

Brent Vizanko

1*

DPR Liaison

Trish Breen

2

Events Organizer

Kenya Allen

1*

Fundraising Tzar

Lauren Rice

2

Instructor Rep

Abet Macabangon

At-large board members serve two year terms (see * below for one-time exceptions).  They can be reelected to the same seat one time, for a total term length of 4 years.  They may subsequently run for any other seat, and may run for their initial seat again in a future year.

*As of fall 2024 elections (for 2025 seats) every at-large seat will be held for two years.  We’ll begin an alternating scheme where three seats will be filled in odd numbered election years, and two in even numbered election years. To get this new scheme started we'll fill all five seats this year, but just this once will reduce two of the seats to one year terms.  These 'shortened term' seats will come up for election in fall of 2024, at which time they'll revert to two year terms.