Come to Bethesda at 6pm for tonight's meeting!

Sandi Metz

Jul 20, 2023, 2:37:33 PM7/20/23
to durhampi...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon!  Just a few tidbits before the meeting tonight...

6pm.  Bethesda.  Tonight.  Be there!

Fill out the survey beforehand.  I'll bring the results to share.

We'll have special guest Tammy Brown from DPR for a few minutes at the start of the meeting to answer questions and convey information.  She can only stay a few minutes, so we'll start right on time.

The agenda will include a Q&A with Tammy, a short explanation of what DAPP really is, and a brief DAPP financial report.  Then we'll go over the results of the survey and explain how you can get involved with DAPP.  Finally, we'll open the floor for questions/comments/etc, which we'll answer as we can.  The meeting will end at 7pm sharp...so you'll still get to play pickleball tonight.  There's really no excuse not to come. :-)

And now--final thing--here's some news that's hot off the Durham Parks and Recreation press:

Message from Durham Parks and Recreation Department:

As tennis and pickleball courts are popular amenities during the summer months, we want to reach out with a few friendly reminders to ensure we’re all having fun and DPR is providing the best customer service to everyone using the courts at Bethesda Park.

    • DPR has designated specific days and times at Bethesda Park for tennis and pickleball. Please refer to our website for schedules and closure dates.
    • Groups, individuals, instructors, and leagues may reserve pickleball courts #1 and #2 and tennis court #1 for dedicated play time. Courts can be reserved online here. Court reservations are required for anyone providing coaching, training, or instructions for tennis or/and pickleball.
    • Athletics staff have been assigned to oversee and assist with the court schedule at Bethesda Park. Assigned times are enforced to help provide equity, consistency, and structure at these dual use courts. While using the courts for an activity outside of the designated schedule is discouraged, we ask that you please be respectful in allowing the scheduled sport priority use if asked by a community member or staff while using the courts.

We appreciate the patience of the community as we continue maintenance of our pickleball and tennis courts. Painting pickleball lines at Morreene Road tennis courts is a high priority. We will keep you updated when a timeline for this project is available.

The tennis and pickleball communities have been a great asset in helping DPR create the management plan for Bethesda Park courts. We want to make sure the assigned schedule and court management are continuing to positively serve the community. We welcome your feedback at dpre...@durhamnc.gov and will follow up in the near future with a formal feedback survey.

Please call DPR 919-560-4355 ext. 27226 if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading, and look forward to seeing you tonight,
Best,
Sandi Metz
2023 President
Durham Area Pickleball Players