Anyone want some black oak firewood logs ?

Scott Hall

Aug 10, 2021, 7:15:10 PMAug 10
to SplatSpace
I'm having that tree that fell in my back yard taken care off this Thursday afternoon, and a 30-ft length of trunk is too small to take to the lumber mill to have it milled into boards -- its less that 8-in in diameter.  I'm figuring that it would make some great firewood.  I'm also taking down two other dead or hollow trees, one is also a black oak and another a poplar.  Any logs that can't be milled from them (and it seems unlikely) would also make good firewood.

Anyone want a trailer load of firewood logs ?  Free for the taking; just bring your own trailer or truck bed Thursday (call me for the address: 919-624-5973, or reply to this message).

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA