More project materials at SplatSpace: old corrugated plastic signs

Scott Hall

Sep 11, 2021, 12:28:23 AMSep 11
to SplatSpace
I set two bins of corrugated plastic coroplast yard/campaign signs in the basement on top of the old door that's on top of the horizontal file cabinet.  Free for use in any of your projects.  Very workable like corrugated cardboard, foldable, and easily cuttable.  Made from polypropylene (polyolefin) it is safe to cut with the laser.  Beware that some paints will dissolve the material.  Working with coroplast: https://askinglot.com/open-detail/8149

Here are some maker ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/bamacrafter/corrugated-plastic-projects-inspiration/, https://www.pinterest.com/supercheapsigns/corrugated-plastic-ideas/
Make your own boat from Coroplast: https://christinedemerchant.com/boat-styles-coroplast.html
Also consider making a waterproof pepakura 3D model.
Cutting Coroplast on the Glowforge: http://www.daniellewethington.com/cutting-coroplast-on-the-glowforge/
From AskingLot (https://askinglot.com/can-you-cut-coroplast):
The answer is Coroplast is safe to cut on the laser. It's not the best material as it's not solid thus making it cut less than consistently. It won't cut poorly, but it also won't cut as well as wood or acrylic.
From EuroLaser (https://www.eurolaser.com/materials/polypropylene-pp/):
The cutting of polypropylene with CO2 laser systems is characterized by a high level of precision and flexibility. The diverse system sizes from eurolaser are suitable for both large-format textiles and the exact cutting of foil sheets. The parallel use of CO2 lasers and knife inserts on one machine transforms your eurolaser system into a universal cutter.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA

Jeffrey Crews

Sep 11, 2021, 9:35:55 AMSep 11
to SplatSpace
I would totally collaborate on a LARGE Pepakura if someone could come up w a good idea.

I mean, I did build a 9-foot pep model of Serenity...