West Rising; A Growing Resistance

Coe, Nathan J. (NJCOE)

Jul 21, 2009, 11:50:27 AM7/21/09
to anima...@googlegroups.com, Baranski, John, durangocr...@googlegroups.com, durangofo...@googlegroups.com, Seis, Mark, wildmo...@hushmail.com, southwest...@googlegroups.com
**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

West Rising conference: a growing resistance
www.westrising.org<http://www.westrising.org>

The first annual West Rising conference on radical organizing will be held in Denver Colorado, October 23-25, 2009.

The spirit of liberation is growing in the west. In our workplaces and homes, communities and open spaces, resistance is springing up in new and exciting ways. As our struggles and movements grow, it is easy to find ourselves isolated from each other, kept apart by the distance between us and separate nature of our struggles.

If history teaches us anything, it is that we build a stronger movement towards liberation by sharing our struggles and experiences with each other. West Rising: A Growing Resistance, seeks to bring together radicals from around the West for a weekend of learning, listening, and sharing of our struggles and experiences. At the first annual West Rising conference, we hope to find bridges between our communities and struggles to further strengthen our movements and build upon the victories and losses of the past. We hope to unite old friends and create space to make new ones. West Rising is a place to bring together our many and diverse movements and causes to share, learn, and build.

We are working to provide free housing. There will be a sliding-scale registration fee, mostly to cover food. Childcare will be provided. Let us know as soon as possible what other needs you have.

This conference will be what you make it, and we are looking for people to facilitate workshops and discussions in a variety of areas. A more detailed call for workshops including a timeframe is yet to come, but start thinking about what you'd like to do and feel free to let us know.

More details about registration, schedule, workshops to come!

www.westrising.org<http://www.westrising.org>
westr...@riseup.net<mailto:westr...@riseup.net>