Possible bug in Duraboss property in init.properties

Dan Galewsky

Nov 20, 2012, 2:56:32 PM11/20/12
to duracl...@googlegroups.com
I was getting an error when I ran app-config-driver that said :

fromAddress not valid notification: us...@austin.utexas.edu (where user was my username)

I researched this a bit and found a regular expression in AmazonNotificationFactory.java
that looked like this:

!fromAddress.matches("[a-zA-Z_0-9+]+@\\w+\\.\\w+")) {

that was printing this error message.

This led me to try an alternative email address for:

duraboss.notification.0.originator=us...@austin.utexas.edu
duraboss.notification.0.admin.0=us...@austin.utexas.edu

Bill Branan

Dec 4, 2012, 4:02:03 PM12/4/12
to duracl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Sorry for the late reply on this, I've been out of the office for the past two weeks, and am just now getting through all of my email.

Regarding the issue you reported, you are correct, this is a bug, thanks for pointing it out. I've logged a bug report here: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DURACLOUD-763. You'll note that I went ahead and fixed the issue in the DuraCloud codebase. The problem, as you pointed out, was that the regex was not set up properly to allow for subdomains in the domain section of the email address (so us...@utexas.edu was accepted, but not us...@austin.utexas.edu). So, yes, those two init properties are intended to be email addresses. Until we release a new version, you'll likely need to continue to use an alternative address, like the gmail address you used for testing.

Thanks again for the bug report.

Bill