Establishing a DuraCloud contributors call

Bill Branan

Apr 4, 2018, 4:39:09 PM4/4/18
to DuraCloud Users, duracl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

You may have heard that DuraSpace was recently accepted into the Mozilla Open Leaders program (if not, you can read about it here: http://www.duraspace.org/news/duraspace-accepted-cohort-mozilla-open-leaders). Our goal for participating in this program, as referenced by the project name "Open Sourcing DuraCloud: Beyond the License", is to work toward opening up the DuraCloud project and build a community of contributors.

To that end, we will be hosting our first contributor call on Thursday, April 26 at 11am ET. The call-in details and agenda for the call can be found here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUD/2018-04-26+DuraCloud+Contributor+CallIf you would like to participate, please add a comment to the page, and I'll add you to the attendees list.

I want to stress that this meeting is not only for developers. There are many skills needed to make a project work, and coding is only one of those. If you're wondering how you might be able to contribute, take a look at: https://github.com/duracloud/duracloud/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md.

We will discuss on the call how often we should meet as a group, and see if there is a time that works for everyone. We will also start to build out a list of things we might discuss on upcoming calls, so feel free to bring some thoughts/notes with you.

If you won't be able to make the call, don't worry, notes will be posted to the agenda page listed above, and I'll announce the time and date we select for a standing call.

If you have questions, feel free to get in touch.

best,
Bill

---
Bill Branan