Dungeons & Dragons Survey

1 view

manikus

Oct 27, 2008, 11:40:59 AM10/27/08
to Dungeon Craft
I'm doing a research paper for a writing class and we have to include
the results of a survey. If you could please take a minute or two to
answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated. :) In
my results, I have to include who took the survey, but I promise your
name will not be tied to a specific set of responses and will only
appear in a list of all the respondents.

Thanks for helping me out. :D

1. Have you played a table-top (non-computer) Role Playing Game
(RPG) before? If so, which ones?

2. Have you played table-top (non-computer) Dungeons & Dragons
before? If so, which versions?

3. Have you spent money on Dungeons & Dragons? If so, what did you
buy?

4. Have you ever run a game of Dungeons & Dragons, i.e. been a
Dungeon Master (DM)? If so, do you prefer DMing to being a player?

5. Have you played a computer or video game version of Dungeons &
Dragons? If so, which one(s)?

Lantry

Oct 28, 2008, 2:47:00 AM10/28/08
to dungeo...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I'll fill out your survey tomorrow, when I have thought in my head, but I need to ask you, are you from Madison WI?

If your email address is an indicator of your actual name, I'm afraid of the possibility I used to know you.

Friends do not have to be like us.
~The Teachings of Orlanth

Kenneth Wiegand

Oct 28, 2008, 7:06:46 AM10/28/08
to dungeo...@googlegroups.com
Sure, Manikus :),

1. Have you played a table-top (non-computer) Role Playing Game (RPG) before? If so, which ones?
Well, my first RPG session was D&D, on the school bus, no less!   And I have been playing it off and on from then on.  Yes, I've played others, COUNTLESS others, too many to name them all.  I'll list a few:
Rifts
The old TSR Marvel SuperHeroes RPG--Perhaps my main game.
The WPEG DC Universe RPG
Deadlands

Plus several of my own design.

2. Have you played table-top (non-computer) Dungeons & Dragons before? If so, which versions?

As stated before, yes, I have.  I played them all, exluding Greyhawk and Dark Sun.  (I refuse to play Dark Sun.)  In the past, Ravenloft was my favorite, but lately I play 3rd Edition (but not 4th).

 3. Have you spent money on Dungeons & Dragons? If so, what did you buy?

Oh, yes!  (My first response to that question was, "Are you daft, man?!"  :))  I have quite several of the core rule books, along with some of the advanced options.  Several -dozen- Ravenloft books, and recently I picked up the 3rd edition Waterdeep book.  (And I'm going to get the Cormyr book.

Have you ever run a game of Dungeons & Dragons, i.e. been a Dungeon Master (DM)? If so, do you prefer DMing to being a player?

For 15+ years, baby!  And I prefer...both.

5. Have you played a computer or video game version of Dungeons & Dragons? If so, which one(s)?

Not counting FRUA?  Several D&D games on various video game consoles.

> Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 08:40:59 -0700

> Subject: Dungeons & Dragons Survey

manikus

Oct 29, 2008, 8:02:26 PM10/29/08
to Dungeon Craft
I visited Madison one time about five or six years ago. :) Nice town.
(I was living in Minneapolis at the time.)

As to my email reflecting my name, which email? &^) The email listed
below that I use for this and other google groups is indeed my name,
minus the @gmailcom of course. ;) The manikus name and which is part
of my yahoo email address, not so much my name.

-manikus

On Oct 27, 11:47 pm, Lantry <miguelito_breathstea...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey, I'll fill out your survey tomorrow, when I have thought in my head, but I need to ask you, are you from Madison WI?
>
> If your email address is an indicator of your actual name, I'm afraid of the possibility I used to know you.
>
> Friends do not have to be like us.
>                      ~The Teachings of Orlanth

Lantry

Oct 29, 2008, 8:25:19 PM10/29/08
to dungeo...@googlegroups.com
You are not who I feared you were. The grade school connection was going to be way too much.