Reopening Makerspace

Paul Campbell

Sep 16, 2022, 10:07:26 PM9/16/22
to Dunedin MakerSpace
I think the time has come to reopen Makerspace, I feel comfortable doing this
so long as we keep masking. Initially I'm just going to open Thursday nights,
starting this coming Thursday (22nd).

The first night is likely going to involve clean up after the space having
been left alone for so long so please come down and help.

Longer term I'm interested in doing some FPGA work, perhaps teaching a class
based on this board using open source tools:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Tang-Nano-9k-FPGA-board-Gowin-GW1NR-9-FPGA-8640-LUT4-6480-flip-flops-p-5381.html?
queryID=3732187c443239ef2d51933c7425c051&objectID=5381&indexName=bazaar_retailer_products

I'm also intrigued by tiny-tapeout https://mailchi.mp/574276e3c9d7/tinytapeout
- the ability for anyone to build real chips - we're too late to hit the
current run but I'm interested in helping anyone who wan ts to have a go at
future ones (and doing one myself!).

see you on Thursday

Paul

iv...@petridish.co.nz

Sep 17, 2022, 12:40:07 AM9/17/22
to dunedin-m...@googlegroups.com

Kia ora Paul,

Yes, it's going to be a slow road to normality for a lot of community groups but I look forward to working with the Dunedin makerspace as we kick start things again.

Personally I have gotten involved in the Otago Tramping and Mountaineering club (OTMC) which hosts it's club night on Thursday's but I will attempt to make an appearance as it would be good to start working together on some projects etc.

Regards Ivan

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dunedin-makerspace/8125218.31r3eYUQgx%40rata.

image001.jpg

Sam Duke

Sep 24, 2022, 2:27:43 AM9/24/22
to Dunedin MakerSpace
Hi Paul,

I'm reasonably knew to NZ and Dunedin, Hoping to come along and make some friends.

I would be interesting in coming along on Thursday evenings, and happy to lend a hand.

Cheers,
Sam