Game Start

Ty

Oct 11, 2007, 6:12:09 PM10/11/07
to DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
Hey guys,

I plan on posting the opening two scenes tonight. I am very very
pleased with what I have seen from you all so far, I tried running a
DUNE RPG four years ago and it had neither the depth, nor the apparent
energy from the players, chomping at the bit--ready to go.

If you have any questions, as always, feel free to email me. Please
email your fellow players or use this board to communicate or roleplay
outside of scenes. Also, feel free, throughout the course of the
game, to edit the pages regarding your own character(s) as they
develop and things change and evolve, those are yours to enjoy (and by
extension, others to enjoy your work). You all have a big hand in
defining and guiding the saga of House Troy. As a little push, I will
notice extra effort in game and on your own with 'development' points
beyond what the time passage would normally allow. (Only one
requirement...every addition or edit you make to your personal pages,
please avoid notifying everyone with that option after editing, unless
its a significant change, thanks =) )

And now off into the background...

Ty

Ty

Oct 12, 2007, 6:50:11 PM10/12/07
to DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
Okay, I changed my mind again...sorta.

Due to the nature of the scenes and how posting works, I don't mind
the notifications, it might make it a lot easier on all of us too.
Yes, it may clutter email boxes, but when inserting dialog or
reactions, it may be easy to miss. What are your feelings? The main
reason for my request before was the fact that I have to delete each
post (every single notification) individually if I wanted to clear the
clutter on this board, yeah...Google Groups has a single failing...it
may be fixed eventually, but that was the reason.

Ty

Harrison Bradlow

Oct 12, 2007, 6:53:12 PM10/12/07
to Ty, DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
I rather like the notifications, especially given the nature of the posting system.  There was a post by the Rosa character (a wonderfully subtle post, I might add) which I probably never would have noticed without an update, since it was embedded in the text.  The notifications will save a lot of unnecessary checking of the board.

Harrison

Ty

Oct 12, 2007, 7:28:00 PM10/12/07
to DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
On a note relating to skills, stats, and contests of skill- You should
know how well your character would be at doing most things, but if you
are trying to do something to effect the storyline or discover
something only I might know, etc. Feel free to put a parenthetical
reference at the place in the story where you are using a stat, skill,
or trait, so I can either email or post the results. Something like
(Propaganda: [description]). Use your judgment, this is probably for
situations requiring my input due to a personal lack of knowledge or
trying to 'beat' a player or npc at something. If in doubt, my email
is always open, but again, I don't want anything to slow the game down
unless absolutely necessary.

Ty

Oct 12, 2007, 8:11:43 PM10/12/07
to DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
And thanks to Harrison, another note: don't worry about your character
perceiving things or having to put (Charisma) or something in every
post you make. I will give you personal 'sit-reps' after each scene
where i will personally tailor your character's nuanced feelings of
what just happened. Let's leave the skill usage and contests to the
important things =)

Ty

Jason Bross

Oct 12, 2007, 10:57:54 PM10/12/07
to Ty, DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
I think it's a wonderful idea to use the notifications when in a scene with lots of people like in the Arrival.

Ty

Oct 18, 2007, 10:30:15 PM10/18/07
to DUNE: Wheels Within Wheels
Three things:

1) My internet is pirated and very spotty, I have been able to keep
up, but not post, I am quite pleased at the increasing posting and the
comfortability everyone seems to be attaining. Any issues, questions,
etc, again feel free to email me.
2) August may now post, feel free to post at any point in the Arrival
Scene, filling in reactions, actions, etc as you feel necessary. I
will get your character stats to you as soon as my PC arrives in
NYC.
3) Most importantly- for the ease of finding new postings, especially
insertions, might I request that in your notification, you describe
where in the scene you made your postings. It hasn't been a problem
yet, but I could forsee somewhere when someone inserts and due to
others overlooking it in the mass of text, they don't get any
all, but hopefully it's a small inconvenience, and it will have huge
rewards.

Ty

Jason Bross

Oct 20, 2007, 12:52:07 AM10/20/07