DukeScript for Eclipse was: The method applyBindings() from the type ChartData is not visible

Jaroslav Tulach

Jun 15, 2016, 12:30:55 AM6/15/16
to Eric Berryman, DukeScript
Hello Eric,
I am glad to hear everything works OK. After updating to

---
dukescript.eclipse$ git log | head
commit b8801fd04602ffcfac3715562403057a5ff6678b
Author: Eric Berryman <berr...@frib.msu.edu>
Date:   Tue Jun 14 12:20:01 2016 -0400
    use javac annotation processing
---

I was able to build your project as well.

Looking at your HTMLJEditorPart.java & co. it seems you managed to get DukeScript running inside of Eclipse RCP. Is there an easy way to start the application? I mean some magic target like:

$ mvn tycho:run

that would start the app inside of Eclipse like

$ mvn -f client/pom.xml exec:exec

does for desktop in a regular DukeScript projects? And as

$ mvn -f client-netbeans/pom.xml nbm:run-platform

does for NetBeans Platform in a regular DukeScript projects?
-jt

Thank you!

Everything works now.

What I did:
1. remove all eclipse .settings preferences for jdt/apt (so the ide doesn't overwrite)
2. use the maven-processor-plugin to generate sources from processor
3. disable processing in tycho compiler plugin (jdt)
4. include generated sources directory in tycho compiler plugin

Thank you again for the help.

eric.b...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2016, 9:25:35 AM6/15/16
to DukeScript, eric.b...@gmail.com
Let me update the repo with something more general than what's there.
With Eclipse e4, I could do something like you stated.
I just have simple "Editor" and "View" panes registered as examples, with a feature.
You can install the feature in your eclipse environment, then use the editor and view.
The editor allows you to double click and edit/run an index.hml file in the workspace, while the view has the index.hml file included in the plugin (runs from views dropdown).
Only recently with e4 can you make a little standalone application without all the eclipse rcp (preferences, views, editors, perspectives, etc.)

Should I use the new presenters?  It seems I should try to wrap the new presenters instead of using javafx webview.